Pages

Monday 12 October 2009

Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett

I find myself reviewing a book I hadn't read yet and the verdict is I love it. Terry Pratchett has written to date 37 Disc World Novels and 15 other books.  I know for certain and without looking that this book will be on my daughters wish list at Amazon. Disc World novels have been a part of my families lives for over 20 years now and since Terry announced that he was suffering with Alzheimer's disease I have started to mourn the loss of this wonderfull writer. Every year, coming up to Christmas, Terry without fail produces another terrific tale.


Having just watched him give an interview on the BBC news - I was struck by the sheer determination of a man who has thrilled several generations. My brothers' second wife presented him with a small figurine as a wedding present. When he unwrapped it I could see by the expression on their faces that a lot of the guests were totally numb plussed.  It was of a character from Terry's earlier novels that has so much to say and says it so concisely. A former wizard at unseen university "The Librarian" in a spell that went wrong had changed himself irreversibly into an Orang Utang

The Librarian - Wikipedia - Scanned from The Pratchett Portfolio, Copyright Terry Pratchett and Paul Kidby   Librarian Explained

Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett

Why Gandalf Never Married by Terry Pratchett

More from Terry Pratchett - BBC - Terry Pratchett has Alzheimers

more to follow.........